This page helps you find what health, social and financial support is available to you if you get COVID. You can also learn about COVID safety and vaccinations.


  • COVID-19 hotline

    For general COVID assistance and information in your language
    Call 1800 675 398

    Use the hotline if you need help reporting a rapid antigen test (RAT) result, booking a COVID-19 vaccine or you have any general COVID-19 questions.

  • Coronavirus: In-language advice and information

    Visit the resource

    For COVID-19 information in different languages
    Victorian Government

    If you, your loved ones or community members don't speak English as a first language, you can find in-language factual information about hygiene advice, factsheets and printable posters on this website.

  • Utopia Refugee and Asylum Seeker Health

    Make an appointment

    For refugees and asylum seekers
    5 Alexandra Avenue, Hoppers Crossing
    Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM
    T: 8001 3049

    Utopia provides free primary care (GP services) to refugees and asylum seekers and their partners and children, regardless of their Medicare status. They offer long appointment times, interpreters and refugee-specific health services. Utopia is a non-government organisation.

  • Head to Health

    Visit the website

    If you are experiencing distress or mental ill health
    1800 595 212

    Head to Health is available to all Victorians who may be experiencing distress or mental ill health, including COVID-19 distress, and their families, carers or support networks.

  • Health Translations

    Visit the resource

    For information in different languages
    Victorian Government


    This is a free Victorian database of health information in different languages. You can look up health topics and filter by language, the organisation that created the resource, and the What type of resource it is – for example, an image, a video, audio or in writing.file type. You can find information about COVID vaccinations, rapid antigen tests (RATs), and more.


    If there are no results for your language, try searching by ‘Easy English’.

  • Study Melbourne Student Centre

    Visit the website

    For international students anywhere in Victoria
    17 Hardware Lane, Melbourne
    Monday to Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM
    Local call: 1800 056 449 (24 hours, free from landline phones)
    Overseas call: +61 3 9623 1512

    This free and confidential centre offers information, access to services, support and practical help for international students in Victoria. They offer upskilling opportunities, support with employment and education as well as basic information for newly arrived students to discover and get around Victoria.

  • Halal Food Bank Melbourne

    Visit the website

    For food support
    The Ansaar Project

    Melbourne's Halal Food Bank provides free pantry staples. It is volunteer run, and provides halal, nutritious food to families, people who need crisis support and asylum seekers on a monthly basis.

  • Sikh Volunteers Australia

    Visit the website

    For food support

    Sikh Volunteers Australia focus on reducing distress in the community by providing free vegetarian meals to disadvantaged individuals and families. They provide free meals and water to Victorians who may also be affected by COVID-19, floods, and other natural disasters. They are a registered charity and non-profit volunteer organisation.

  • We Are Union

    Visit the website

    If you need help with your workplace or finding work
    Victorian Trades Hall - All Support Centre enquiries are 100% confidential
    Call: 1300 486 466 - Monday to Friday, 9 AM - 7 PM
    Text: 0488 811 312 (text only, please do not call this number)

    This is a free service offering advice and support for workers and community members around any workplace issues related to COVID-19 and ensuring workplaces are COVID-safe. They also offer resource packs and workshops for not-for-profit or community/youth-based organisations, which go over basic COVID-safe work practices for workplaces, and information for casual workers about how to sign up for the Sick Pay Guarantee.

  • Migrant Workers Centre

    Visit the website

    Make an appointment

    For migrant workers who need help with their rights at work
    Victorian Trades Hall

    The Migrant Workers centre offers free and confidential advice to any worker who was born overseas. You can make an appointment online or in person.

    You can book an appointment in:

    • English
    • Chinese | 中文
    • Arabic |  لعربية
    • Hindi | हिंदी
    • Filipino | Filipino
    • Spanish | español
    • Punjabi | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
    • Korean | 한국어

    You can also request an interpreter.

  • Let's talk money

    Visit the website

    For information on financial literacy
    Women's Health in the North

    This is a The skills you use to manage money. For example making and following a personal literacy program by Women's Health in the North. You can choose which topic you want to learn about and a bicultural worker will teach you in the language you choose. One of their topics is ‘financial resilience and COVID-19’ but there are many others too.

  • Ask Izzy

    Visit the website

    For information on general support services

    This website can connect you with housing, meals, money help, family violence support, counselling and much more.

  • Victorian Sick Pay Guarantee

    Find out more

    For casual and contract workers
    Victorian Government
    1800 979 641

    Usually only workers who have part-time or full-time contracts are eligible for When a worker who is sick and can't go to work is still paid for the day. Also known as sick leave.sick pay, while when casual or contract workers are sick and can't go to work they don't earn money that day.

    This scheme guarantees that eligible casual and contract workers will get sick pay when they are too sick to go to work. It is paid by the government instead of your employer.