On this page
YACVic is committed to Actively involving young people in decision-making processes.youth participation, so we have many opportunities for young people aged 12-25 to be involved in our work.
For early bird information as well as some exclusive opportunities, sign up to be a YACVic Young Member (it's free!). We also share a range of opportunities from YACVic and other organisations around Victoria in our monthly newsletters.
To learn more about our model for opportunities for young people, you can also read our Youth Participation page.
Work with us as a Young Peer Facilitator (Rural and regional)
Are you aged 18 to 25, living in regional Victoria? Interested in working on YACVic's trainings, events, consultations and other exciting projects? Become a Young Peer Facilitator!
Peer Facilitators design, plan, facilitate and run online and face-to-face opportunities for young people and adults who work with young people, including meetings, consultations and training workshops.
Applications close Monday 19 June, 10 AM.
Survey: Help shape the future of the youth sector
We're currently upgrading two key resources for young people and the youth sector, and we'd love to hear your thoughts!
- The Youth Engagement Resource Platform (YERP) is an online tool that helps boost young peoples' participation in organisations and communities.
- The Code of Ethical Practice is a document for youth organisations, to ensure they operate in a way that is safe and ethical for young people.
Fill out this quick survey for your chance to win a $100 gift voucher.
We're running consultation sessions for young people, young youth workers and youth workers of all ages as part of the YERP and Code upgrades and we'd love for you to join.
Sign up to one of the sessions using the links below:
- Young people: 28 June 2023
- Young youth workers: 27 June 2023
- Workers: 23 June 2023
Join our media spokespersons list
YACVic regularly elevates the voices of young people through media advocacy opportunities.
- Want to speak up in the media about an issue that matters to you and your community, or about an experience you've had?
- Do you want young people's voices to be heard?
- Join our media spokespersons list and be the first to hear about media opportunities!
- Note: these opportunities are remunerated on a case-by-case basis.
Have your voice heard on the YACVic blog
- Do you have a story to share about being a young Victorian or working with young people?
- Share your opinion with thousands of young people and youth workers across the Victorian youth sector.
Submissions are open on a rolling basis, voluntary opportunity.
Find out more
If you have any questions, comments or feedback about YACVic opportunities, please contact YACVic's Participation & Development Manager Sam Champion (he/him) at SChampion@yacvic.org.au.