On this page
Victoria is developing a new Youth Strategy
We are supporting the Victorian Government to ensure young people are at the heart of Victoria’s new Youth Strategy. This is an important opportunity to have your say on your future and improve how government works with and for young people.
Get Involved as a Young Person
From October to December 2020, you can have your say on what matters to you, in online youth and community forums that will be youth-led. Some forums will be specific to local areas and others will be focused on specific groups of young people. You can choose to attend the forum that is most relevant to you.
Youth Forum dates
- Melbourne and Geelong (Melbourne, Geelong, the Surf Coast, Colac Otway and surrounds)— Thursday 10 December 4.00-6.30PM Register here
- LGBTIQA+ Young People — Friday 11 December 4.00-6.30PM Register here
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Young People - Monday 14 December 4.00 - 6.30PM Register here
- Women, Girls and Non-Binary Folks - Tuesday 15 December 4.00 - 6.30PM Register here
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Young People - Wednesday 16 December 4.00 - 6.30PM Register here
- International Students — Thursday 17 December 4.00-6.30PM Register here
We know this year has been so hard for young people, that’s why we’re encouraging you to come to a youth forum and have your voice heard on your future.
The consultations are a collaboration between the Victorian Government, Youth Affairs Council Victoria (YACVic), Centre for Multicultural Youth, Koorie Youth Council, Youth Disability Advocacy Service and Minus18.
Get Involved as a Community Member
From October to December 2020, have your say on what is important for young people in your local area through dedicated community forums facilitated by young people. You should attend the session relevant to your specific region.
Community Forum dates
- Northern Melbourne (Moreland, Hume, Whittlesea, Nilumbik, the Yarra Ranges and surrounds) — Tuesday 8 December 1.00–3.30PM Register here
- Western Melbourne (Wyndham, Melton, Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Moonee Valley and surrounds) — Wednesday 16 December 1.00–3.30PM Register here
At YACVic, we take access and inclusion seriously. We are committed to making every event as accessible and inclusive as possible for all members of our community. If you have a specific access request, would like further information or want to provide any suggestions, please get in touch with YACVic’s Policy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other ways you can contribute
There are other opportunities for you or your organisation to contribute ideas and feedback to help inform the strategic directions, areas for focus and actions in the Youth Strategy. The Victorian Government is inviting people to contribute in one or more of the following ways:
- Make a submission about your HERO! Share a short story about your hero, including their superpower and how they would change Victoria for the better. youthcentral.vic.gov.au/HERO
making a written submission in response to the discussion paper available at engage.vic.gov.au/victorian-youth-strategy
- completing a short online survey via engage.vic.gov.au/victorian-youth-strategy
If you would like further information about the Youth Strategy or the consultation process, please contact Gerry Goswell, Director, Equality and Youth Branch, Department of Premier and Cabinet via email@example.com.