On this page
Victoria is developing a new Youth Strategy
We are supporting the Victorian Government to ensure young people are at the heart of Victoria’s new Youth Strategy. This is an important new youth strategy which will improve how government works with young people.
Get Involved as a Young Person
From October to December 2020, you can have your say on what matters to you, in online youth and community forums that will be youth-led. Some forums will be specific to local areas and others will be focused on specific groups of young people. You can choose to attend the forum that is most relevant to you.
Youth Forum dates
- Ovens Murray and Goulburn — Friday 9 October 4.00-6.30PM
- Eastern Melbourne — Wednesday 14 October 4.00-6.30PM
- South Eastern Melbourne — Tuesday 20 October 4.00-6.30PM
- Mallee — Wednesday 4 November 4.00-6.30PM
- Western Victoria — Wednesday 11 November 4.00-6.30PM
- Disabled Young People — Wednesday 18 November 4.00-6.30PM
- Loddon — Tuesday 24 November 4.00-6.30PM
- Refugee and Migrant Young People — Thursday 26 November 4.00-6.30PM
- Pasifika Young People — Wednesday 2 December 4.00-6.30PM
- Gippsland — Thursday 3 December 4.00-6.30PM
- Barwon and Melbourne — Thursday 10 December 4.00-6.30PM
- LGBTIQA+ Young People — Friday 11 December 4.00-6.30PM
- International Students — Thursday 17 December 4.00-6.30PM
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Young People - more info coming soon/dates TBC
We know this year has been so hard for young people, that’s why we’re encouraging you to come to a youth forum and have your voice heard on your future.
The consultations are a collaboration between the Victorian Government, Youth Affairs Council Victoria (YACVic), Centre for Multicultural Youth, Koorie Youth Council, Youth Disability Advocacy Service and Minus18.
Get Involved as a Community Member
From October to December 2020, have your say on what is important for young people in your local area through dedicated community forums facilitated by young people. You should attend the session relevant to your specific region.
Community Forum dates
- Ovens Murray — Wednesday 7 October 1.00–3.30PM
- Bayside Peninsula — Thursday 22 October 1.00–3.30PM
- Swan Hill — Thursday 5 November 1.00–3.30PM
- Golden Plains and Ballarat — Tuesday 10 November 1.00–3.30PM
- Central Highlands — Thursday 12 November 1.00–3.30PM
- Goulburn — Wednesday 25 November 1.00–3.30PM
- Gippsland — Tuesday 1 December 1.00–3.30PM
- Northern Melbourne — Tuesday 8 December 1.00–3.30PM
- Western Melbourne — Wednesday 16 December 1.00–3.30PM
At YACVic, we take access and inclusion seriously. We are committed to making every event as accessible and inclusive as possible for all members of our community. If you have a specific access request, would like further information or want to provide any suggestions, please get in touch with YACVic’s Policy Team at email@example.com.
Other ways to contribute
There are other opportunities for you or your organisation to contribute ideas and feedback to help inform the strategic directions, areas for focus and actions in the Youth Strategy. The Victorian Government is inviting people to contribute in one or more of the following ways:
- making a written submission in response to the discussion paper available at engage.vic.gov.au/victorian-youth-strategy
- completing a short online survey via engage.vic.gov.au/victorian-youth-strategy
If you would like further information about the Youth Strategy or the consultation process, please contact Gerry Goswell, Director, Equality and Youth Branch, Department of Premier and Cabinet via firstname.lastname@example.org.