Youth Disability Advocacy Service (YDAS) is providing free Together: Access & Inclusion Training for workers who want to become more confident and capable working with disabled young people.
Disabled young people co-designed our Award-Winning Together Training, and co-facilitate the interactive & engaging training course.
"Together Training was the perfect way to learn how you can and should advocate for young disabled people."–Participant, Headspace Elsternwick
How is the training delivered?
Structure: 4 hours, typically split into 2x 2-hours sessions
Format: Online or in-person
Participants:Up to 30
You will learn:
- The impact of assumptions and how to challenge them,
- How to ask good questions to disabled young people,
- How to understand disability models,
- The complexities of disability and language,
- About intersectional disabled experiences,
- How to commit to access & inclusion,
- How to plan, communicate, deliver & review accessible work,
- About access keys & social scripts and practice using them.
"We absolutely loved the training and have been talking about it in all our meetings since!"–Participant, The Raise Foundation
We also offer ongoing implementation support once you complete Together Training, to support you to turn your learnings into action!
Book a training
If you have any questions or want to know more or would like to book a Together Training for your team, please contact our Together Program Officer Is Hay (they/them). Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call or text them at 0472 635 607.