On this page
Over the last few months, our Project Advisory Group (PAG) has co-designed and co-produced some great resources for employers, the wider community and other disabled young people.
Here are the topics covered in these resources:
Resources for employers
Our Project Advisory Group of disabled young people have initiated a list of words that you may find helpful. Note that this is not a complete list of everything employers should know, but it is a good place to start.
What is accessibility in the workplace?
You can learn more about accessibility in the workplace through the following links:
- YDAS Together: Access and Inclusion Training
- Workplace Adjustment and Flexibility
- Inclusive Workplace
- Include Ability Website
- Australian Network on Disability
Employment Video Series
1. What kind of biases or misconceptions might an employer have?
2. How can employers encourage disability pride in the workplace?
3. What changes would you like employers to make?
4. Did you experience any barriers or challenges through your employment journey?
5. What would you say to another disabled young person looking for a job?
A guide for employers
Check out this free guide which gives employers the information they need to understand disability pride and implement it in the workplace.
The resource has 4 sections:
- What is disability pride?
- What are some barriers to disability pride?
- Why is disability pride important in the workplace?
- How can you support disability pride for your employees?
Resources for the wider community
How to talk with disabled young people
Commonly asked questions
1. Is it okay to ask questions?
2. My friend has the same disability as you. Do you know them?
3. Can anyone cure you?
4. Can you have a relationship?
5. You are so inspirational for doing everyday thing
6. You don't look like someone with a disability
7. Commonly asked questions for Maya Sandon
8. Commonly asked questions for Anna Dang