Youth Disability Advocacy Service (YDAS) runs Together: Access & Inclusion Training for organisations and individuals who want to make their work more accessible and inclusive for disabled young people.
In 2023, thanks to the Department of Social Services, YDAS will be running free training for individuals. Each session will take place over Zoom and is facilitated by 2 amazing disabled people with lived and professional experience.
Together training is designed and delivered by disabled young people, and equips participants with an understanding of:
- Assumptions about disability and how to avoid them
- How and why to ask questions to disabled young people
- How to understand disability and society
- The role of language and how to use it
- The context disabled young people exist in
- How to plan, deliver and review accessible and inclusive programs
- Practicing how to use access and inclusion tools, such as:
- Statements of Commitment
- Access Keys
- Social Scripts
How do I sign up?
You need to register via Humanitix. The link for the Humanitix sign-up for each session is below:
Why should I sign up?
Here's what some of our 2022 Together training attendees had to say:
- “Together training has fantastic facilitators that are so warm and engaging. Our wise guides through the world of accessibility, they struck such a great balance at giving context and then inspiring action in a way that felt both important and achievable.”
- “I have never been to a training that has felt and been so inclusive of not only my needs but everyone around me. The content we covered in 4 hours was nothing short of impressive, but not once did we feel rushed or overloaded.”
If you have any questions, or want to know more before signing up contact Is Hay, YDAS’s Together Program Officer.
Call or text: 0472 635 607