YDAS works with disabled young people in Victoria to make sure you can speak up and are being treated fairly.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide advocacy support to everyone who contacts us. Below is a list of organisations and services that can support you if we cannot.

The list below is a good place to start, but there are many other organisations and services that can also support you.

YDAS is not a A service that can support you right away when you need urgent help or support.crisis service. Call 000 if you are unsafe and need help right away.

Advocacy support

Our free individual advocacy service is for disabled young people, aged 12 to 25, in Victoria.

We are unable to provide advocacy support if you do not meet the above criteria.

The Victorian Government has a list of disability advocacy organisations that may be able to support you if we cannot.

You can also visit 'Find an Advocate' on the Disability Advocacy Resource UnitDARU website for a list of advocacy organisations in Victoria.

Click here to access Find an Advocate.

A YDAS advocate chatting with 2 disabled young clients, Jessi & Cameron.

Emergency services

Call 000 if you are unsafe and need help right away.

Police Assistance Line

If you do not need help right away, but want to report a crime, call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.

Mental health support

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, you can contact:

Lifeline Australia

Call Lifeline on 13 11 14.

Click here to chat to Lifeline online.

Kids Helpline

Call Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800.

Click here to chat to Kids Helpline online.


You can also contact your local A group of people, including mental health professionals, who work together to support people in mental health crisis.crisis assessment and treatment team or CATT.

Click here to learn more about the crisis assessment and treatment team.

Call 000 or go to an emergency department if you are unsafe and need help right away.

left: person in pink shirt sitting in chair. Young boy opposite, his head bowed

Domestic violence support

1800RESPECT is open 24 hours to support people impacted by:

  • Someone does something sexual that makes you feel uncomfortable, or they touch your body when you do not want them to.sexual assault
  • Someone you live with, like a partner or family member, is hurting you.domestic or family violence
  • Someone is treating you badly.abuse

Call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732.

Click here to visit the 1800RESPECT website.

Report abuse or neglect

To report Someone is treating you badly.abuse or You are not being supported or taken care of the way you should be.neglect, call The National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline on 1800 880 052.

The hotline is free.

Click here to learn more about The Hotline.