On this page
These resources are full of tips and stories from young people making change during the pandemic, to help you do the same.
Podcast: Locked Down, Speaking Up!
You don’t need to take big action to make big changes for your community! ‘Locked Down, Speaking Up!’ is the podcast where young people share how they’re changing what activism and advocacy can be, and how you can do it too.
You can listen to the whole podcast, or view individual episodes and their transcripts (below).
- Episode 1 (with transcript): COVID recovery for students and young creatives with Mia
- Episode 2 (with transcript): Taking local environmental action with Candace
- Episode 3 (with transcript): Empowering young people in sport with Louis
- Episode 4 (with transcript): Using life experience to make change with Mac
- Episode 5 (with transcript): Cooking as community care with Ashvina
How to meet with your MP
Young people are being disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. Meeting with your local MP is an important and powerful way to voice issues that you want to see the government take action on.
Social Justice Glossary
When young people get involved in making change, we can come across lots of new words! This is a glossary of terms you might hear in activism, advocacy and youth spaces.
Environmental action during COVID-19
How do we make sure that the urgency of environmental action is not eclipsed by the pandemic? Candace Colaco, founder of the Little Litter Project, shares how she's kept up local action online and in-person in COVID-normal, and how you can do the same.
Toolkits for change
Yerp is a website by YACVic that provides a step-by-step toolkit for taking action on something you care about.