On this page
What is the Student Placement project?
YACVic provides free, personalised support to youth-focused organisations to identify and develop placement opportunities that will add value to their programs and services, and give students an opportunity to undertake the placement they must undertake to complete their qualification.
It also assists youth-focused organisations with finding students to work on existing projects by connecting organisation with TAFEs and universities.
The project will also help:
- Reactivate, increase or create new student placement opportunities
- Support organisations to develop new project opportunities
- Encourage organisations to strengthen relationships with educational institutions.
Contact Lucia Suarez if you'd like to get involved via email@example.com or 0434092881.
How the Student Placement Project works
What is a student work placement?
We define student work placement as:
Formal work experience arrangement/s that are a required part of an education or training course
Students are not entitled to be paid for the work
Students must complete a minimum number of hours per year (usually between 80-250 hours)
Delivery mode can be face-to-face and/or online
Students studying a Diploma or Bachelor of Youth Work anywhere in Victoria, as well as regional Victorian students of Community Services and Community Development.
How will YACVic support the organisation?
YACVic will support you by:
- Assisting with the exploration, identification and development of project ideas for student placements (short- and long-term)
- Providing clarity around placement requirements
- Connecting your organisation with tertiary education institutions
- Providing additional assistance as required (support will depend on your organisation’s needs)
Our approaches include:
- Supporting organisations to find students to work on existing projects
- Supporting organisations to design projects or project ideas
- Sharing project ideas/opportunities implemented by other organisations in the sector
- Sharing project opportunities designed by students
What are the benefits to the participating organisation?
There is a wide range of short- and long-term benefits to your organisation:
- Additional capacity to undertake projects to complete work
- Motivated, eager and willing students with new ideas
- Opportunity to trial prospective employees
- Make your student placements one of your talent pipelines sources
- Support your community by increasing the number of work-ready graduates
- Strengthen your organisation’s reputation
- Develop staff through interaction and engagement with students
- Develop links with tertiary education institutions
- Support organisations to find students to work on existing projects.
- Support organisations to design projects or project ideas.
- Share project ideas/opportunities implemented by other organisations.
- Share project opportunities designed by students.
How to get involved
Reactivate, increase or create new student placement opportunities inside your organisation with the dedicated support of our Student Placement Coordinator, Lucia Suarez. Contact Lucia at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0434 092 881.
This initiative will finish on 28 February 2022.
The Youth Work Student Placement Project is a project delivered by YACVic in partnership with the Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY). It has been funded by the Working for Victoria (WfV) Fund to create opportunities for youth services and youth work students. The WfV Fund is part of the Victorian Government's $1.7 billion Economic Survival Package to address the impact of the COVID-19 crisis.