We will hear from students and organisations across the youth sector about how to deliver successful student placements. Join us to hear insights, tips and recommendations from supervisors to create the best scenario when offering student placements.
Information will also be provided on the Student Placement Project delivered in partnership with the Centre of Multicultural Youth (CMY) and funded through the Working for Victoria scheme.
The Project provides free, personalised support to youth-focused organisations to identify and develop placement opportunities that will add value to their programs and services, and give students an opportunity to undertake the placement they must undertake to complete their qualification.
For more resources, please visit our Host a student placement page here
We will also have a Q & A where you will be able to ask questions or share your own experience!
When: Thursday 14 October, 2:00-2:45pm.
Where: Online via Zoom
Who is this for
Youth-focused organisations that would like to:
- Increase, reactivate or create new placement opportunities for Youth Work and Community Services students
- Hear recommendation about how to make a student placement successful
- Ask any questions on developing and designing student placements
Sign up to become a YACVic member (it only costs $3 a year for a young person!) to be notified first about resources and future webinars for young people and the youth sector.
Who will be presenting
- Albert Giglia (he/his) – Peer Facilitator, YACVic
- Julia Baron – Policy Manager, YACVic
- Sarah Ramirez (she/her) – Ucan2 Team Leader, Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY)
- Lucia Suarez (she/her) – Student Placement Coordinator, YACVic
Emily Greco (she/her) - Youth Voice & Participation Manager, YMCA Victoria
- Amy Chen (she/her) - Student Placement Coordinator, CMY
Tickets are free, but registrations are essential. Book by clicking the button below!
Accessibility and Support
At YACVic, we take access and inclusion seriously. This event will be Auslan interpreted.
We are committed to making every event as accessible and inclusive as possible for all members of the community. If you have a specific access request, would like further information or want to provide any suggestions please contact Lucia Suarez (she/her) firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that Lucia works Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
If you have any questions, please contact Lucia Suarez (she/her) email@example.com.
YACVic is a child safe organisation. By attending these events, you agree to join us in our commitment to child safety.