YDAS website design session
Are you a disabled young person, aged 12-25?
We're running a design session in our Melbourne office and we'd love you to come along!
We're the Youth Disability Advocacy Service (YDAS). We work with disabled young people to support you to achieve your goals and make sure you're being treated fairly.
We're creating a website that teaches young people with disability, like yourself, how to set goals and get the most out of your National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan.
You don't need to know a lot about the NDIS to join the session, but we've created a blog post about the NDIS if you are interested.
What will happen during the design session?
The website will be based on a workshop that we already run. At the design session you will be helping us to turn the workshop into an online version or website.
During the design session you will:
- Learn about the workshop and the website we want to build
- Be asked about how you use websites and the internet
- Use paper, drawing and other fun things to design what the website might look like.
What should I bring?
You can bring anything you use to express yourself or communicate – for example, your laptop, phone, iPad, tablet or communication board.
You can also bring someone along to support you if you want to.
We will provide pens, pencils, paper, laptops and other devices you can use.
When is the design session?
There will be two design sessions on Friday 24 January 2020. You only need to come to one session. You can choose which session works best for you.
- Morning session: 10.30 am – 1.30 pm (3 hours)
- Afternoon session: 4.30 pm – 7.30 pm (3 hours)
Where will the design session be held?
The design session will be held in the YACVic office.
The address is Level 2, 235 Queen Street, Melbourne.
We have accessible and gender-neutral bathrooms. We can organise Auslan interpreters if you let us know in advance.
We will try to make the session as accessible as possible. Please let us know if you have any access needs.
You will get $50 as either a payment or a pre-paid VISA gift card. You can choose how you get paid.
I want to come along, what next?
Please email Simon Green, YDAS Project Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9267 3700.
In your email please include:
- Your age
- What session time you'd like to attend (morning or afternoon)
- Whether you’d like a VISA gift card or to be paid directly (if you have an ABN or can send an invoice)
- Any access needs you might have, or things we can do to make sure you’re comfortable in the session.
- If you are okay telling us your disability this will help us get young people with a wide range of experiences. This will help to make the website more accessible for all young people with disability.