On this page
Deadly Yarning & Learning Aboriginal Youth Project aims to improve the mental health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people by developing skills to support to friends and family across their communities funded by the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR).
Youth Affairs Council Victoria (YACVic) are seeking 20 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people to work with 10 awesome mentors in Swan Hill and Robinvale to improve mental health outcomes, smash stigma and reduce the rate of suicide.
We'd love to hear from as many of you as possible who are:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people aged 12 to 25
- Live in the Mallee area
- Able to attend 1 full day of training (either 31 August or 1 September)
- interested in culturally-appropriate mental health support
Develop skills and increase your knowledge in:
- what makes us strong mentally, socially and emotionally
- practical strategies & resources to be strong and deadly
- develop skills to support friends and other young people experiencing tough times
What do I need to commit and participate?
Attend 1 full day of training (31 Aug Swan Hill or 1 Sep Robinvale)
- Meet fortnightly with program mentors for a yarn about your project
Meet monthly for six months with other young people and mentors to share what you have learned
No costs to be involved, plus support to participate
No prior skills or qualifications are needed. As long as you are passionate about mental health, mentoring and are an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young person who lives in the Mallee.
To apply, simply fill out this form and send it back by 15 August.
You can either email the form to email@example.com, or call Rhiannon Jennings on 0474 506 000. If you don’t have access to a computer? Take a photo of your completed registration form and text it.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact YACVic via Rhiannon Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0474 506 000.
Become a member today for $3 and be first to find out about our latest opportunities.