The Youth Affairs Council Victoria (YACVic) is a member-driven organisation. We know that by having a strong membership base, young people and youth issues will be heard. YACVic’s vision is that young Victorians have their rights upheld and are valued as active participants in their communities.
To achieve this we:
- listen and work with young people and the workers and organisations that support them,
- identify and advocate on issues that affect young people,
- support and resource the sector that works with young people,
- support young people’s participation and self-advocacy, and
- maintain an independent and robust relationship with government.
Young members can:
- participate in a number of opportunities offered to YACVic young members, including advocating for issues you’re passionate about, attending events on behalf of YACVic and supporting our day to day work,
- nominate to be on our Board of Governance (BOG),
- consultations/forums – get involved and get heard! We often do call outs for young people’s voices for inclusion in our policy submissions.
When you are a member:
- we'll sign up up to Announce – our fortnightly enewsletter which lists upcoming events, jobs, forums, training and opportunities for and around the youth sector,
- you'll be the first to know about amazing participation opportunities like the Young Thinker in Residence and HR Team via a young member-first email
- you'll receive discounted entry to the tune of 30% to all of our forums and conferences.