On this page
People with disability are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
This is a casual position, so hours will vary.
You will be paid $37 per hour. This is at SCHADS Award Level 3.1.
Based in Melbourne CBD, with regular state-wide travel.
About Youth Affairs Council Victoria (YACVic)
YACVic speaks up for the rights of young people in Victoria. YACVic wants young people to participate in the community and have their rights met.
YACVic represents young people, aged between 12 to 25 years old, and the youth sector in Victoria.
About Youth Disability Advocacy Service (YDAS)
YDAS is part of YACVic and is funded by the Victorian Government. YDAS supports young people with disability to speak up and advocate for their rights.
About Map Your Future
Map Your Future is a program that helps young people with disability to make choices and take control in their lives. It also helps young people understand and make the most of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). Map Your Future is for young people aged between 13 – 25 years.
Map Your Future runs as a structured course with workshops for groups of young people followed by individual and small group coaching. The activities created especially for young people with disability empower them to think about and plan life goals and create a personal ‘roadmap’. This helps young people to go through the process of their NDIS planning meetings and putting the plan in place.
Map Your Future is different from other NDIS support programs because of its focus on young people with disability and their goals.
About the role
- Run workshops for young people with disability
- Look over program materials to make sure they are accessible for young people with disability
- Support young people with disability to understand how to be ready for NDIS and to understand their rights and responsibilities.
- Help with providing individual coaching for participants, either over the telephone or in video meetings.
- You will take notes about what happened in these coaching sessions and work with the YDAS Manager to plan the Map Your Future program.
- This includes finding out how young people feel about Map Your Future and looking into what worked and didn’t work in the overall program.
- Do any other tasks managers may ask of you, as long as you are able to do them.
Key Selection Criteria
To apply for the Map Your Future Workshop Facilitator role you must show that you:
1. Care about the rights and interests of people with disability.
2. Are able to build strong relationships and work well with young people.
3. Can facilitate groups or workshops with young people.
4. Can communicate one on one with young people.
5. Understand how to behave when working with children and young people, including those with different needs or from different cultures, and follow the Code of Ethical Practice for the Victorian Youth Sector.
6. Can be organised and use technology, including Videoconferencing (Skype) and Microsoft Office.
7. Can travel to different places in Victoria and sometimes work in the evenings.
- Experience of coaching or mentoring.
You will report to the YDAS Manager.
Benefits of working at YACVic
· Flexible, disability friendly, family friendly and fun work culture
· High level of team support
· Sector-leading professional development
· Melbourne CBD office
YACVic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People with disability, people from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal people are encouraged to apply for this position.
At YACVic we promote the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people, including those with disability, those who are Aboriginal or those from refugee or migrant backgrounds. We take child protection very seriously. All employees are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards, including rigorous background, identity and reference checks.
The successful applicant must provide a current Working with Children Check and Police Check (costs reimbursed) before commencing in the role and must agree to adhere to our child safe policy and code of conduct.
Download Position Description
How to apply?
Send your application to Steph Brenkovich, HR Manager, at email@example.com with ‘Map Your Future Workshop Facilitator application’ in the subject line. You must include:
- A brief cover letter
- Your resume
- Your reply to the ‘Key Selection Criteria’ section. Explain how and why you have done these things before.
- Contact details for a minimum of two referees, including your most recent line manager (we will not contact referees without your permission).
Only applications that follow the above process will be accepted and considered for interview.
Applications close at 5pm Wednesday 11 December. Interviews are likely to be the week starting 16 December 2019 in Melbourne CBD.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Mija Gwyn by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Stephanie Brenkovich at 03 9267 3700.