We’re looking for up to twelve young YACVic members for fantastic volunteering opportunities at our conference this October.
You’ll get to:
- Assist with our registration desk, welcoming people as they arrive and providing information at break times
- Help people use our conference app and find workshop rooms
- Support our workshop presenters by keeping them on time and making sure they have everything they need for their session
- Act as ‘roving microphone’ runners, passing the microphone to audience members during Q&A sessions
(We will provide full training on all of this!)
For full details on what the conference is all about, head to www.frontandcentre.org.au
What you can expect from us:
- You’ll get the chance to help run the biggest youth work conference in Australia since 2013
- You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships with other YACVic members and our staff team
- You’ll meet and hear from Australia's leading voices in youth work practice, policy, advocacy and research, as you’ll have free entry to the event on the day you volunteer
- We will reimburse your Myki costs for travel to and from the conference
- We’ll provide lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea on the days you volunteer
What we ask from you:
- You must be a current YACVic member
- The conference runs for three days (Wednesday 18, Thursday 19 and Friday 20 October) - you can choose to volunteer for one, two or three days
- You will need to commit to the whole day you volunteer (i.e. 7.30am – 5pm)
- We’ll need you to attend a two-hour training session prior to the conference, on Wednesday 4 October from 4pm – 6pm (we’ll provide snacks and reimburse your Myki travel)
No prior experience is necessary — just be your smiley, welcoming selves!
Skills and knowledge you can gain:
- Learn more about the youth sector and the issues affecting young Victorians
- A greater understanding of event management
- Facilitation and communication skills
- Networking and relationship building skills
To express your interest, please complete the application form by 9am Monday 18 September.
Apply here: http://bit.ly/2wKTs0S
If you would rather speak to a YACVic staff member and have them fill out the form below, or if you need any help filling in the form, please contact Des or Michelle in the YACVic office on (03) 9267 3799.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday, 22nd September.
All applicants will be contacted, regardless of outcome, to identify areas of interest for future opportunities. We look forward to having you!