This is a series of tip sheets that provide information for community organisations and groups to better enable them to involve young people as volunteers.
The topics covered include:
- Being a youth ready organisation
- Creating volunteer roles for young people that are meaningful and have appropriate levels of responsibility
- Managing and supporting young volunteers including peer-to-peer supervision with young volunteers supervising and supporting other volunteers
- Using social media to engage, support and recognise young volunteers
- Involving young people from diverse cultural backgrounds as volunteers with your organisation
- Involving young people with disabilities as volunteers with your organisation
- Some of the legal considerations to be aware of in relation to youth volunteering
The series also includes information sheets for young people about volunteering and how to get started as a volunteer as well as an information sheet for parents about youth volunteering.
For Community Organisations and Groups