The YRG provides a forum for young people to:
- develop proposals, campaigns, and projects that relate to YACVic's overall work,
- provide advice to YACVic about our work and the way that we engage with young people, and
- provide advice to community organisations and government departments about a range of issues affecting the lives of young Victorians.
Previous YRG projects include:
- "Cop That": bridging the gap between young people and law enforcement officers, a peer led research project undertaken with Youthlaw,
- Hey did you know?, a social media campaign that provides information about opportunities for YOUth, from the youth, non-for profit and the corporate sector,
- "Keep calm and join YACVic", a campaign to increase YACVic's engagement with young Victorians.
The 2012 Youth Reference Group with Minister for Youth Affairs and Minister for Environment and Climate Change, Ryan Smith.